The PTO’s budget is set every year in May for the following school year. As outlined in the table, the approved budget for the 2018-2019 school year is $59,000. The budget amounts change periodically depending on things like additional school needs, the amount of funds raised, and the final number of interns.
This money will be spent on the following initiatives:
- Social Events: The PTO organizes fun events including the Family Service Fair, a family dance, and Grandparent/VIP Day.
- Intern Program: This program brings native French-speaking teachers-in-training to work at LNFI. Interns reduce the teacher-to-student ratio and increase students’ exposure to francophone culture and native French accents.
- Grant Program and Other Enrichment programs: The PTO funds a competitive grant program for teacher and parent-proposed projects that benefit LNFI students. Enrichment includes programs like the MIA Art Adventure and financial support for classroom materials.
- Raising Awareness: The PTO, in cooperation with the school, works to raise awareness of LNFI through a variety of means including underwriting, advertising, and promotional materials.
- Principal’s Fund: This provides the principal with discretionary funds to be used for items not paid for by the school district.
- Teacher Appreciation meals: The PTO provides two teacher appreciation meals, one in the fall and one in the spring.
- Administration: This includes the costs of issuing checks, balancing the finances, website incidentals, copy paper for PTO flyers, and childcare at PTO meetings.