Do you consider yourself a social butterfly? Does it warm your heart to host events that help people get to know one another? If so, this is the committee for you! This committee has traditionally been involved with events for the LNFI community as a way to introduce new and old families and create a sense of community within the school. Events the Social Committee coordinates include:
- Carnaval des Citrouilles (annual fall carnival)
- Kermesse (annual spring carnival)
- VIP Day
- Rollerskating Night at Saints North
- Potlucks and/or Lunchtime meals for Teachers and Staff
- Bowling Afternoon at SunRay Lanes
If you feel communication between the school, PTO, and LNFI families is important, then this is the spot for you! This committee is responsible for getting as much pertinent information as possible from the school and PTO out to the LNFI community. This website you’re looking at…yup, that’s the Communications Committee! Rounding up families for the PTO directory? Yup, that’s us too!
We also perform duties such as:
- Communicating with LNFI families via this website, Facebook, and email
- Working with other PTO committees to get important information sent home
- Developing other ways to communicate with parents
This committee is a vital part of LNFI since the entire Intern Program and ALL the enrichment programs at the school are funded solely by the PTO.
This committee stands behind and assists with several of the social events the PTO hosts (fall and spring events) because those events also are the PTO’s larger fundraising events. The committee also conducts a direct donation drive and a fun run during the year and is responsible for keeping the LNFI community “in the loop” as far as funds raised.
One exciting and important highlight of attending LNFI is the Intern Program! Our school hosts 6-10 native French-speaking interns each year. Interns spend 4-5 months with two different families. There is plenty of behind-the-scenes tasks to be done to orchestrate their stays and work at LNFI!
This committee is responsible for:
- Recruiting host families for the interns
- Hosting intern/family social nights at the school
- Working with visa organizations
- working with the school to ensure interns have positive classroom learning and teaching experiences
- Keeping families informed of intern events, recruiting info, etc.
If you’re interested in participating on a committee, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, leave a comment on the PTO’s Facebook page, or attend a PTO meeting. We can’t do all of the things that make LNFI a great place to educate our kids without more volunteers!
Redirecting you … please wait.
Volunteers not only help support the school and students’ classroom experience, they help provide a sense of community. There are numerous opportunities for volunteers at LNFI, including everything from behind the scenes work (copying flyers, hanging up posters, etc.) to classroom help and planning PTO events. No amount of help is too small!
If you’re interested in volunteering, send an email email@example.com or go to www.lnfi-pto.org/volunteer to see specific upcoming volunteer spots, including for Kermesse organizers, on SignUp.com, which the PTO uses to coordinate volunteers for larger events. You can also stop in the school office and talk to Mme Blomgren or Mme Tellier or talk to a teacher about volunteer needs and connecting with the PTO.
Interested in helping on one of the PTO’s committees? Click here to read about them!